Wednesday, July 27, 2011

SPECIAL REVIEW: Final Fantasy XIII Elixir Drink


Final Fantasy XIII Elixir: Complete Collection w/ Chalice- SO. DAMN. BEAUTIFUL.


Suntory is one of the best-known brewery/distillery corporations in Japan, and they have collaborated with Square Enix many times to produce these popular Elixir drinks. Every Final Fantasy fan is all-too familiar with the use of these elixirs: they're rare in-game items which heal either your character or entire party's health and magic points. Since I'm a big Final Fantasy fan, I just couldn't miss out on this. >3< My (then) boyfriend bought me cans of FFXIII elixir from Japan around 2 summers ago when it was released. He got me the Fang, Vanille, Lightning, and Hope cans because they were the characters I liked the most in-game. Well then, let's go on with the review, shall we? :)




I opened my Hope can.. LIKE A BOSS. (well.. 2 years ago. XD)


I have to admit that I was pretty reluctant on opening even just one of these cans. The cans were printed with high-quality images of the characters and it seemed like a sin to even open one of them. It was thesis season back then so I gave it a shot anyway. The drink tasted like weak grapefruit soda with a lemon-lime twist, which was much like Sprite but only less sweeter. 


The after effects were surprising to me since I stayed wide awake for almost a day and a half so it helped me a lot in doing my work. However, you guys know what happens next when you drop dead after the caffeine burst. XD It isn't called elixir for nothing, after all~ I gave my Lightning can away to one of my friends and I kept the Fang and Vanille cans for collection purposes.


My FFXIII haul back then with the complete and unopened cans


I hope that Suntory will release more Elixir-themed drinks for SE's upcoming games such as FF13-2, FF13-Versus and even Type-0. If memory serves me right, they don't sell these anymore but the Dissidia 012 elixirs are still in stock. These elixirs are a wonderful addition to any Final Fantasy fanatic's collection! O(≧∇≦)O



No comments:

Post a Comment