Tuesday, July 26, 2011

REVIEW: Kirin Afternoon Milk Tea



Any Japanese snack food lover should be familiar with this product by now~ XD 


[NOTE: Kirin is one of the pioneer beverage companies in Japan.. much like San Miguel here in the Philippines. Aside from milk tea, they also make a variety of drinks such as beer, softdrinks, and juices.]


I first came across Kirin Milk Tea during my trip to Tokyo,Japan last April 2000. I was quite hesitant to try this murky-looking drink because it seemed so...alien to me. XD Anyway, I considered it as one of the best decisions in my life. The creaminess of the milk blends smoothly and perfectly with the tea, and the sweetness level is just right. 


A few years later, I came across it again right here in Manila (you can imagine how delighted I was XD). Standard 500 ml bottles are sold for around 80pesos, while the 1.5L bottles are sold for around 170pesos. The price may be hefty as you might be better off with a bottle of Coke or two, but trust me, it's all worth it. Stockpile on these if you need to satisfy your urge for milk tea or if you're just plain lazy to line up in other milk tea joints. (Disclaimer: NO PEARLS ADDED XD)


Kirin Milk Teas are available at Chotto Stop and Yamazaki in Japan Town, Pasong Tamo. (infront of Makati Cinema Square). I bought mine at Landmark Supermarket Makati but I'm not sure if they still sell it there. :)


It's so damn good, heck, even my moogles love it. \(^▽^*)



8 comments:

  1. Kirin Milk Tea - Best drink ever! :D

    That thing also comes in other variants as well! I got a low-fat version of that before. Doesn't taste any different from the original variant though. Still epic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meron rin High Fat. yung may 2x Milk haha~

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg may 2x milk?? haha mahanap nga

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^yup meron! look for this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/414cLfUEsuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

    AFAIK, they have it in Yamazaki Pasong Tamo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh. yamazaki's near my work place. I might buy one one of these days :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. ^yup! they also have lots of yummy snacks + meals. Their ramen is to die for *A*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that, too! Landers has them. :)

    ReplyDelete